Roof Over Head Collaborative, Inc.
Roof Over Head Collaborative, Inc. was founded in 2008 by a group of citizens determined to alleviate the affordable housing crisis in our community. Roof would provide a solution whereby families in crisis in the communities of Amesbury, Newburyport and Salisbury, Massachusetts would be provided a roof over head in transitional, supportive housing for a period of up to two years. During that time, the families work with social workers and financial counselors who provide education, guidance and hope affording them a time to rebuild, regain financial independence and ultimately move into permanent housing.
Roof is led by a dedicated Board of Directors who bring with them a tremendous skill set and belief in the mission of Roof. Five committees: Fundraising; Programming; Governance and Finance; Communications and Site Selection and Renovation work to carry out the mission and strategic plan of the organization.
The Executive Director will:
• Serve as the public face of the organization;
• Schedule and attend monthly committee meetings;
• Recruit and orient new board members;
• Carry out Roof’s strategic plan and annual activities;
• Help plan Board meetings, prepare and distribute meeting documents;
• Ensure that bills are paid, bank deposits are made, work with an outside accountant to prepare accurate and timely financial reports, tax filings and annual reports;
• Oversee internal and external communication activities, board governance, membership development and organizational administration;
• Roof does not have a physical office. The Executive Director will work out of a home office. Supplies and expenses will be reimbursed monthly. The Executive Director will maintain all current and past Roof files and records; and
• Work closely to further the fundraising goals.
- At least (5) years experience in affordable housing programming, including tenant and property issues
- Familiarity with the service area of Amesbury, Newburyport, and Salisbury
- Self motivated and ability to work independently
- Non-profit management experience
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- A broad network of relevant professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate to diverse stakeholders
The Executive Director will hold a part-time position – 15 hours per week
Roof Over Head is and equal opportunity employer